Saturday, July 10, 2010

How could I use something like the Lincoln Powerpoint example in my teaching situation?

I love the idea of using the Google Docs (mine was slide 6) - presentation form to create an interactive class powerpoint that all students have a hand in making. I see it working out better with older students, but I can also modify for my second graders. Ideas are already swirling around in my head!

  • Georgia Regions - Break students up into groups (5 regions = 5 groups). with in those 5 groups, each child would have a specific characteristic for that region (animal life, vegetation, climate, etc.) that they would have to learn about. Each region/ characteristic would have a slide. I would have already set it up so that all they had to do was maybe add a picture and a few notes.

  • Georgia Heroes - Break students up into groups based on the heroes. You can have 5 groups, each group would have 1 hero to research. As a group, they would come up with specific information such as; character-traits, general characteristics, important things they did, etc.

I am so excited and bet I could find uses in math,science, and reading as well!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is a screenshot of the slide I created for ou class powerpoint.


No comments:

Post a Comment